It has been a successful year for us at Mason Homes, as we wrapped up 2010 with the Green Builder of the Year award from EnerQuality. We want to share with you some tips and ideas of how you can have a green Christmas.
At this time of year, the retail consumption is at its peak, and just imagine how much paper and plastic are being wasted – from plastic bags, paper bags, wrapping papers and so on. Here are some quick tips for a green Christmas you can consider this year or in the future:
· Decorate your tree with energy-saving LED lights.
· Consider sending Christmas e-cards instead of traditional cards.
· If you find old Christmas cards, cut them up and use them as gift tags.
· Use newspapers, old gift bags, comic books, or magazines as wrapping papers.
· Consider purchasing gifts that are recycled or locally made.
These are just simple tips that you can consider starting off with this year and make sure to recycle all your waste. Mason Homes promises to continue to create green communities and promote green lifestyles in the year to come. Stay green this Christmas and happy holidays from Mason Homes.