Although everyone has good reasons to look forward to a long weekend, chances are those of you who have a families of your own relish the opportunity to spend more time with your loved ones.
Our award-winning community Avonlea is home to many families. And since it’s located in Peterborough, which hosts great Canada Day events, those of you who own an Avonlea home have many options this long weekend.
Consider some of the activities taking place on Sunday:
- 11:30 am: the Canada Day Parade starts at Peterborough City Hall
- 10 am to 4 pm: the annual Multicultural Canada Day celebration is hosted by the New Canadians Centre at Del Crary Park
- 6 pm: Canada Day Celebrations are held at Maple Leaf Park
- 1 pm to 4 pm: the Art Gallery of Peterborough host its annual Canada Day Open House
- 1 pm to 3 pm: the Douro Library holds its annual Big Book Sale and Family Fun Day
- 11 am to 5 pm: the annual DBIA Hunter Street Canada Day Party takes place with family fun fair, crafts, and live music.
Now I turn it over to you: what are your plans for the long weekend?